Yayasan Cemerlang offers underprivileged youths with a scholarship awards to pursue higher education at local universities in Malaysia. These awards will enable the selected candidates an opportunity to develop their full potential, fulfil their aspirations and contribute towards the nation’s development.
- Malaysian citizen
- For undergraduate programmes
* minimum 5As in SPM / 3As in STPM
- For Masters' programmes
* minimum CGPA of 3.00 from recognized university
- Proven records in extra- curricular activities and/or social community services
- Evidence of good interpersonal communication, leadership skills
- No financial assistance from other agencies
- Specifically for fresh intake students (Foundation,Matriculation,Bachelor/Degree,Master)
- Please refer to the list below for preferred Malaysian Universities:
- Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Fields of Study
- Business Management (Entrepreneurship)
- Business Administration (Islamic Financial Planning)
- Business Administration (Islamic Banking & Finance)
- Business Administration (Insurance)
- Accounting (CPA Australia)
- Government & Public Policy
- Economics- Political Science
- Social Sciences
The Award will entitle a Recipient to either ONE of the following:
a) Full scholarship: covers tuition, living expenses and full waiver on all registration and annual fees.
b) Bursary: covers tuition fees only.
This Award is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
The Recipient is required to fulfil the following conditions. Failure to strictly observe the conditions contained herein will entitle Yayasan Cemerlang to the right to automatically withdraw the Award without notice.
a) The recipient must not commit any unlawful act(s) or offence(s) punishable by law, or any form of misconduct, in
breach of the university’s rules and regulations.
b) The recipient must not to do anything, verbally or otherwise, which could tarnish Yayasan Cemerlang image.
c) The recipient must maintain a study load of at least 15 (fifteen) credit hours in a normal semester and at
least 6 (six) credit hours in a short semester.
d) The recipient must maintain Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 every semester.
e) The recipient must not engage be/involved in any misconduct or improper or immoral behavior.
f) The recipient is not allowed to defer or postpone study without the prior written approval of Faculty Dean. Where
approval has been obtained, Recipient must submit a copy of the written approval to the Secretariat
of Tun Rahah Scholarship Award.
g) The recipient must at all times observe and abide by the university rules and regulations, which may be changed at any time or
from time to time.
Neither the Award nor the Letter of Offer shall be taken as a promise or offer of employment by Yayasan Cemerlang to Recipient, nor will Recipient be required to serve Yayasan Cemerlang under any contract of employment, for any reason or at any time whatsoever.
Rights reserved by Yayasan Cemerlang
The following are rights reserved by Yayasan Cemerlang for the duration of the award irrespective of Recipient's performance or observation of the terms and conditions contained herein.
a) Yayasan Cemerlang reserves the right to vary, amend, modify, suspend, add or withdraw any of the
terms and conditions of the Award at any time during the duration of the Award without prior notice
to Recipient and Recipient is bound by the varied, amended, modified, suspended, added or
withdrawn terms and conditions.
b) Yayasan Cemerlang reserves the right to vary the terms of the Award for any reason whatsoever.
Application is closed now; next open on April 2013 for June intake